Thanks for spending time with me today on my foodie website. If you want to know my story, here it is… After studying physiotherapy, I took a year off to do something creative – specifically, photography and I have never looked back. At 28 I have decided to move my photography into the food world.
I grew up with a family who loves cooking and eating food, my mom can cook ANYTHING and it tastes incredible and my dad was convinced he was Italian in his past life so he taught me everything Italian, how to make pasta from scratch to the perfect pannacotta. My nanna’s almond squares and mystery balls are legendary and my grandmother’s curry, I would travel across the world for.
I love everything about food, the way it tastes, the endless combinations and the emotions and memories it stirs up. I have recently moved to Cape Town and I am so excited to explore all the food in this part of the world and create memories around it with my incredible husband @rosstherambler and my furballs Jozi and Cupar. Here a few things about me…
- My favourite meal is breakfast
- I am terrible at replying to sms’s
- I hate high heels – I look like a newborn giraffe when I try to walk in them
- I love big band music – especially Frank Sinatra
- I could not live without coffee
- The beach is my happy place
- My perfect day would be a food market early in the morning with a good cup of coffee (Origins is my favourite) followed by lunch at the beach and a dog walk in the forest with the dogs.
If you would like to see my Wedding and Family work click here.
Or follow me on Instagram – @LaurenKimFood