Almost 2 years to the day I started living a sugar-free and low carb lifestyle. The more I read into the Banting/ Keto lifestyle and the effect carbohydrates and sugar have on your body the easier it got to cut out these items from my diet fully. I do not crave carbohydrates anymore however my sweet tooth has not disappeared. I love baking – I always have but now I am finding new ways of baking with new ingredients.
Almond flour is the basis for a lot of low carb baking recipes but almond flour is expensive! I started experimenting more with coconut flour (which is an amazing ingredient once you understand the science behind it) as this is a more budget-friendly ingredient. Coconut flour attracts a lot of moisture so you need a lot less to create a similar outcome to that of almond flour. These cookies are soft and hit the chocolate craving.
Banting Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
6 Tablespoons of soft butter
2 Tablespoons of Xylitol
1 Tablespoon of Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
9 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
1/2 Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and xylitol together.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Sift the cocoa powder and baking powder into the mixture and mix well.
- Add the coconut flour and mix well.
- Leave the mixture to stand for 1o minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Roll the dough into balls and place them onto the baking paper. Squash the balls down with a wet spoon (the wet spoon stops the dough from sticking to the spoon)
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Let cool
Add any additional notes here.