There is something about lying in a messy warm bed after a lie in on a weekend with a hot cup of coffee and some flapjacks that lifts one’s soul. Watching the sun pour through the window and enjoying Chocolate Chip flapjacks Bacon Mascarpone is a treat and I think we should do it every weekend. The crispy bacon with the sweet flapjacks and the creamy honey mascarpone is to die for. All of us need to take some time out and just relax and treat yourself with some yummy flapjacks.
Chocolate Chip Flapjacks with Bacon & Mascarpone
2 Cups of Flour
5 Tablespoons of Sugar
4 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon of Salt
2 Tablespoons of Oil
1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips
Streaky Bacon – cooked until crispy (keep warm in the oven)
1 Cup of Mascarpone
2 Teaspoons of Honey
1/2 Teaspoon of mixed spice
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl – mix the eggs, oil, and milk together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well until smooth – leave to stand for 30 minutes. (You can make this the night before so it is all ready to go in the morning)
- Mix in the chocolate chips into the flapjack mixture.
- Heat the frying pan and add a small amount of butter.
- Pour a spoonful of mixture into the frying pan. When bubbles come to the surface use a spatula and flip the flapjack over – cook for another minute and remove from the pan.
- Repeat step 6 until you have a scrumptious pile of flapjacks.
- To make the mascarpone mixture place the mascarpone, honey and mixed spice into a bowl and beat well.
- To compile – spread some mascarpone onto a warm flapjack, add some fresh raspberries and pieces of bacon. Top it off with another flapjack and a spoonful of mascarpone and a drizzle of honey.
Also seen on the Lovilee Blog