If you are hosting a special tea party, having a function that you want to wow everyone at or you just want to treat yourself with your morning coffee. This coffee mug heart biscuits recipe is just for you. These little biscuits perch on the side of the mug and look beautiful. These almond flavoured biscuits taste wonderful on their own but they complete your favourite hot drink in style.
Ps. Try one or two biscuits first to ensure you have cut the wedge out big enough to fit over your mug/cup.
Coffee Cup Heart Biscuits
- 1 Cup of Butter (at Room temperature)
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Almond Essence
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Cups of Flour
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and almond essence and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix until dough forms.
- Roll the dough out 1cm thick.
- Cut the shape out the dough and then cut a small rectangle out the middle of the heart with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (watch them – they burn easily).
- Let them cool and store in an airtight container.
You can add any flavour to your shortbread e.g. Vanilla or Orange