Carrot Cake is one of my favourite treats, I especially LOVE the cream cheese icing. These Keto Carrot Cupcakes are a great tea tim treat. These morsels are guilt free and the cream cheese icing is to die for (you will not even realise there is no sugar in the mixture.) You can leave the Pineapple out if you like but it adds a sweet tangy element to the cupcakes which makes them extra special.
Have fun baking these and more so eating them.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
4 Tablespoons Honey
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Crushed Pineapple (Skin the pineapple and put it in a food blender and blend til smooth)
1 1/2 Cups Grated Carrots
1/2 Cup Almond Flour
1/3 Cup Coconut Flour
1 tsp All Spice
1 tsp Bicarb
1 tsp Chia Seeds
1 Cup Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Xylitol Icing Sugar
Rind of 1 Lemon
Juice from half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line the cupcake tin with liners.
- Mix the honey, coconut oil and eggs well.
- Add the pineapple and carrot to the mixture and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into the liners and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely
- To make the icing mix all the ingredients together and place in a piping bag
- Pipe the icing on the cupcakes and enjoy 🙂
Add any additional notes here.