Following a low carb lifestyle does not mean you have to deprive yourself! It is quite the opposite. The low carb high-fat lifestyle allows for incredibly tasty food. These low carb cheese biltong muffins are one of my favourites – they are packed with flavour and they keep me full for a long time. The saltiness of the biltong is off set by the tangy buttermilk and slightly sweet coconut flour. They are fool proof – trust me on this one. They are great for lunch box snacks or for a brunch or lunch on the go. These low carb cheese biltong muffins are a hit with the whole family.
Low Carb Cheese & Biltong Muffins
Cooking Time: 18 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
1 Cup of Full cream plain yoghurt
1/2 Cup of Buttermilk
100g Grated Cheddar Cheese
100g Biltong “Powder”
1/4 Cup of Sunflower Seeds
1/4 Cup of Pumpkin Seeds
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
50g Coconut Flour
1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the yogurt, eggs, and buttermilk together in a large bowl.
- Add the biltong and grated cheese and mix well.
- Add the seeds and mix well.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder, nd salt and mix well.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes (you will notice the mixture will thicken).
- Spoon the mixture into a greased/lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 minutes until golden brown.