In the corner of our property is a Mulberry tree that is currently abundant with fruit, unfortunately however the branches are too high for me to reach the fruit and when they fall the dogs are eagerly sitting waiting to munch them up. There is a large Mulberry tree in Delta Park where we walk the dogs often so on Sunday we went off to pick Mulberrys. It was a HOT summers day and the dogs were in the dam chasing sticks while I was picking Mulberrys, idyllic if you ask me.
GOOD FOOD – GOOD FUN
FAMILY & SUN
LIFES SIMPLE PLEASURES
Last year I made a Vegan Mulberry Tart with the Mulberrys, this year I decided to try make a healthy cold drink. Once you have made the syrup all you have to do is add sparkling water, some lemon and mint leaves. It was really tasty.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
2 Cups of Mulberrys
1 Lemon (Zested & Juiced)
2 Tablespoons of Fructose / Sugar
1/4 Cup of Water
1. Place all the ingredients (excluding the Soda Water) in a small saucepan on a medium heat. Cover the pot.
2. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes
3. Take a potato masher and smash the mulberry’s together with the ingredients
4. Drain the juice through a sieve into a jug, you will need to take a metal spoon and push the juice through, you should only have a dry pulp left in the sieve and a deep maroon juice in the jug.
5. Place some ice cubes, lemon and mint into a glass pour some syrup in the glass and top with soda water