Fudge always reminds me of a very special friend I had at junior school, every time we had a cake sale she would arrive with these beautiful big squares of pure sugar delight. I was once lucky enough to catch her mom making fudge when I went to play one day and I was amazed at how sugar and butter transformed into heaven. I now have a very special family member who LOVES fudge so I decided to make this for him 🙂
I made my fudge in my Thermomix, you can also make it on the stove.
Pecan Nut Fudge
500g Icing Sugar
1 x 395g tin condensed milk
150g butter, cubed
55g golden syrup
2 tsp Vanilla Paste
A large handful of pecan nuts roughly chopped
1. Add all ingredients to the bowl except vanilla and nuts and cook 30 min/90ºC/speed 2/MC off.
2. Cook 40 min/Varoma/speed 2 using basket on top of lid to prevent spatter.
3. Cook 4 min/Varoma/speed 4 using basket on top of lid to prevent spatter.
4. Add vanilla through hole in lid and beat 1 min/speed 4/MC in.
5. Pour into large buttered tin, sprinkle the chopped pecan nuts over the top and press down on the nuts so that they are slightly submerged and allow to cool for hours and hours and hours.
6. Don’t be tempted to refrigerate to speed it up, just let it cool on the bench! The core temperature of the fudge will definitely take hours so don’t say I didn’t warn you!
7. Turn the slab of fudge out onto a board and cut into squares.
If you do not have a Thermomix – not a problem click here for the recipe