I am all about healthy eating that is simple to make, packs a nutrient punch, looks pretty and tastes amazing. I present you to a beautiful pink and purple smoothie bowl. Following the unicorn trend of bright coloured food that is not artificially dyed. The pink smoothie element is made with beetroot and the purple with fresh blueberries. You could not ask for a better breakfast.
The chia seeds sprinkled on the top are nutrient-dense and they pack a punch of energy-boosting power with high omega levels, proteins and vitamins. Aztec warriors ate chia seeds to give them high energy and endurance., so I guess we can use them in our day to day lives.
Pink Unicorn Smoothie Bowl
Makes: 2 Bowls
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Plain white yogurt
- Half a cup of Blueberries
- Half beetroot finely chopped (Do not worry about the beetroot – it does not overpower the dish.)
- Chia Seeds
- Flaked Almonds
- Fresh fruit of your choice
- To create the pink yogurt blend half a cup of white yogurt with the sliced beetroot into a smooth consistency. (Set the mixture aside)
- To make the purple yogurt blend the fresh blueberries and half a cup of yogurt together till it is smooth.
- Mix the pink and purple yogurt together without blending the two mixtures completely in a breakfast bowl of your choice. Garnish the mixture with seeds, nuts and fresh fruits like cherries or blueberries.
You can also sweeten the dish with a drizzle (or two) of honey to suit your taste buds.